Version: xvii Filesize: 42.7MB
- In English
LTSpice is a freeware computer software based on SPICE (Simulation Program with Integrated Circuit Emphasis). It was developed by Analog Devices. It is one of the most widely used SPICE software available on the internet. But what is SPICE? Spice is open-source software that is used to simulate electronic circuits. It checks the integrity and the design of the electronic circuit. LTSpice is used by many people across many different fields and areas such as radiofrequency and electronics. The latest version of LTSpice is LTSpice 17, and it works on Windows 7 or higher. In order to run LTSpice you need at least 2GB RAM and 10 GB of free space.
Why use SPICE?
SPICE is the only way one can check everything about the circuit before it is integrated onto a chip.
It is also necessary for checking currents and voltages which can’t be done otherwise.
Main Features of LTSpice
- User Interface (UI) – The User Interface (UI) is simple and very easy to use.
- User Manual – The user manual provided is excellent and helps you understand how to use the program extremely quickly.
- Demonstration Files – The software also offers demonstration files which can be downloaded. These files show you how to do almost everything ranging from general circuit behaviour to transient behaviour.
- The control panel has been expanded upon from the previous version, adding more features.
- You can also use editors on the default SPICE commands.
- The latest version of the program also added multi-monitor support.
- Speed – The program is by far the fastest SPICE program available on the market.
- Performance and Quality – It is extremely powerful and helps improve the quality of the simulation of the circuits.
How to Use LTSpice?
Once the program has been installed on your system, click on the icon to launch the application. Upon opening the program, you can see that there is a large area on which you can design your circuit and edit it. On the top part of the screen is the toolbar, which contains all the features you need to design your circuit. In order to create a new simulation, you need to tap on the new schematic button and from there you can begin your work by adding or removing whatever elements you like.
Where to get it?
Follow these steps to install LTSpice –
- 1. Click on the download button to start installing LTSpice.
- 2. Download and open the LTSpice-installer.
- 3. Read the LTSpice ToS (Terms of Service) and agree to it.
- 4. Read the LTSpice-License agreement and click on agree.
- 5. Select the destination folder for LTSpice and wait for it to install.
- 6. You can now use LTSpice anytime you want.
- It is extremely easy to use.
- It has incredible speed.
- It has the best quality and performance.
- Multi-Monitor support.
- It has an improved upon control panel.
- Compresses output datafiles by default.