Version: 202188.8.131.520 Filesize: 2.82MB
- Open Source
- In English
Kaspersky Anti-Virus is an antivirus software developed by Kaspersky Labs and published with Kaspersky. The software company is based in Russia and was formerly known as AntiViral Toolkit Pro and KAV (abbreviated form of Kaspersky Anti-Virus). The software is a complete solution for computers and comes in mobile versions. Microsoft Windows and Macintosh Operating System support this computer version; Kaspersky also comes in a business version that is also available for the Linux operating system. The software was initially released in 1997.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus protects you against several online and offline threats, among which are trojans, viruses, spyware, worms, adware, malicious tools, keyloggers, and auto-dials. The software detects and removes such programs if found on your computer and also protects you against them. The software can detect and remove rootkits on your device, which makes it a detailed cleaning software. An antivirus rescue disk is also available for Windows users, which scans their disk and the computer before booting in an isolated Linux environment. Other than that, the software also has a way to stop itself from being shut down by malware as it asks for a user password and permission for shutting off. It also asks for the passwords if someone is trying to make any security detail changes or any other internal settings, thus covering all areas of attacks.
- Kaspersky gives you real-time threat protection from always upcoming spyware, viruses, and more.
- Hybrid Protection of the antivirus protects you against online (malicious software getting downloaded from the internet) and offline threats (malicious software coming from offline sources like USB drives, etc.)
- The software also comes with Automatic Exploit Detection, which will detect automatically if your system is being compromised in any way.
- Anti-blocker keeps you from getting blocked via Trojans or any other malicious software.
- URL advisor keeps you from visiting suspicious and dangerous sites, and Anti-Phishing helps you stay protected against phishing emails and sites.
- iSwift provides you with intelligent, quick scans so that whatever you're doing doesn't get interrupted due to scans. The feature scans only those areas that are most vulnerable to malicious attacks.
How to download Kaspersky Anti-Virus for your PC?
- 1. To download Kaspersky Anti-Virus, you have to click on the download button given on the screen; once you've clicked that, Kaspersky will get downloaded.
- 2. Your setup has now been downloaded; before starting the installation process, ensure that no other antivirus program is installed on your computer (excluding Windows Defender).
- 3. Now double-click on the downloaded setup to start the installation process; first, you will be asked for the End User's Agreement in which the terms and the conditions of the software installation and usage are written. If you want to go on with the installation and agree with the terms, click on I Agree.
- 4. If you don't agree with the given term and conditions, you can click Disagree, but it will shut down the installation process.
- 5. Now you have to select the installation files' location; it is recommended to keep the antivirus files on the same drive or drive partition where the OS is installed.
- 6. Now the final installation will begin. Once it is done, you have to enter an activation key to activate the software for its full version; you can buy this key on the antivirus's official website.
- 7. If you don't have the key yet, you can activate the antivirus in the trial period.
- 8. Once the activation process is done, your computer is fully secure.
- Recovery or rollback features available
- The software comes with a powerful engine
- Improved performance
- Highly configurable software design
- Improves PC performance
- The installation process takes time
- Uses a vast amount of RAM and memory
- Many useful and essential features missing