Version: 2020.09 Filesize: 51.8MB
- Open Source
- In English
Everybody knows about 3D printing technology and its importance. 3D printing is the action or process of making a physical object from a three-dimensional digital model, typically by laying down many thin layers of material in succession. You all know 3D printing is done in 3D printers, and the model for printing is designed in the 3D printing software. One such software is Meshlab that deals with the triangular meshes and helps you in many ways.
Meshlab is a 3D mesh processing software system developed by the ISTI-CNR research center. This software helps us to manage and process.
Unstructured large triangular meshes. To access online 3D printing services, you need to upload your design online, but many times due to large file size you unable you upload your design. Your 3D file must contain less than 1 million polygons and should be less than equal to 50 MB. In such situations, Meshlab helps you with its various tools for editing, cleaning, healing, inspecting, rendering, and converting triangular meshes.
For Processing 3D scanned data in the pipeline, 3D data alignment is a standard step. This software provides many tools to move the meshes to the desired system.
Visualization & Presentation
This software provides important features that help you to present the unusual characteristics of a 3D model. The control of the camera perspective is in the hands of the user, which allows you to view the model from different angles.
Colour Mapping and Texturing
Few 3D printing software does not provide exact appearance data, but color information is as essential as geometry. This software offers all the information about the appearance that is 100 percent accurate.
How to download and install Meshlab?
- 1. Just click on the download button and select a location where you want the file to download.
- 2. After the download finishes, open the Meshlab folder and extract the content from it.
- 3. Now open the Meshlab folder and double click on the Half-Life game.
- 4. Now an installation window appears, now agree to the License Agreement and select a location for installation.
- 5. It will take a few minutes to install the game, Click on the Finish button after installation.
- It offers an automatic filter to fix geometrically wrong models.
- Can handle large files.
- Runs on Linux, Mac, and Windows.
- Many tools for healing and fixing mesh.
- Not so user-friendly interface.
- Only as good as the user.