Version: 188.8.131.520 Filesize: 63.35MB
- In English
Maxthon is a web browser which was released on the free software license and is developed and published by a Chinese company named Maxthon International Ltd. which is based in Beijing, China. The software was formerly known as MyIE2 but due to trademark issues was later renamed to Maxthon. The software is available for macOS, Linux, and Windows on PC and laptops, it is known as Maxthon Mobile for various mobile operating systems like iOS, Android and Windows Phone 8. This version of Maxthon is made to support two browser engines – Trident and Webkit. Maxthon had also won some awards like WebWare 100 Awards in 2009 and 2008 presented by CNET, and in 2011 it was also in the PC World’s released list of the 100 Best Products; in the list, it was positioned at 97th place.
Maxthon is developed to be used worldwide and is thus available in 53 languages. The parent company of the web browser is based in Beijing, China, but it also has offices in other places, like Hong Kong, Shanghai, and San Francisco, USA. The software was mainly built based on the design of Internet Explorer and was made to give a break to the users from the Big Two of internet browsing.
- The software comes with the ability to display and use both the web engines it works on, to make your browsing and internet surfing smooth and at the same time swift, and also provides you with the best experience possible.
- If you sync your browser with a Maxthon Passport account, you will be able to sync in your browsing data like history, downloads, bookmarks, etc. You will also be able to to get access to Maxthon’s cloud services, whatever data you put into the Maxthon cloud, it gets encrypted, maintaining the security and privacy of your data.
- The Maxthon Passport also helps you to carry your Bookmarks, history and other data if you change your device.
- The browser supports Mouse Gestures which make it easier to move across the webpages and more comfortable browser usage. You can use mouse gestures to make common commands like Back, Refresh, Close Tab and Forward. The software also gives you the liberty to choose and customize your Mouse Gestures.
- Maxthon comes with an Ad Hunte or more commonly can be called as an Adblocker. It has all the functions of a common Adblocker, but the developing company claims it to be faster and more powerful than any other in its class.
How to download Maxthon 184.108.40.2060 for PC (Windows)?
- 1. To download Maxthon version 220.127.116.110, click on the download button given on the screen.
- 2. After clicking the button, your setup starts downloading.
- 3. Once it is downloaded, look for the setup in the default downloads folder of your current web browser.
- 4. Double-click on the downloaded Maxthon setup to start the installation process.
- 5. The wizard asks you to specify the site for the installation files of the software.
- 6. After you’ve specified the location click on Continue to keep the installation process going
- 7. After the installation process is finished click on Finish, to exit the wizard.
- 8. Now your browser is ready, go surfing.
- RSS features
- Dual screen or split-screen option
- Excellent options and features available
- An extensive and explicit filter function
- Cannot change the default search engine which comes with the browser
- Translation into different languages is not complete