Version: 8.1 Filesize: 24.6MB
- In English
We all use or PC/Laptops for entertainment purpose like to watch videos, movies, and play games. CPU process all the activities on our system, and GPU deals all the display related activity. It is not possible for the CPU to directly coordinate with the GPU, due to hardware difference. The instructions from the CPU should be interpreted into native hardware language that GPU can understand for the smooth working of display related application. One such tool that helps you to achieve this is DirectX 8.1, which consists of groups of technologies that help CPU and GPU coordinate and create an ideal platform for application rich in multimedia elements like video, high-quality audio, coloured graphics, and 3D animation.
DirectX 8.1 is developed by Microsoft; it is a collection of application programming interface (APIs) for handling tasks related to multimedia, especially game programming and video, on Microsoft platforms. Originally there were different APIs which began with the name “Direct”, such as Direct3D, DirectDraw, DirectMusic, DirectPlay, and many others. In 1995, the first version of DirectX was released as the Windows Games SDK. The term DirectX was coined for the collection of all these APIs.
Features of DirectX 8.1
- Enhances your Video quality- This tool improves your video quality, by creating smooth coordination between CPU and GPU.
- A Single Graphics interface for Windows- You can access frame buffer and advanced features of the graphics card with the help of DirectX. In the standard Windows GDI graphics interface, this feature is not possible.
- Emulate Graphics Function in Software- This tool is capable of emulating graphics functions in the software that are not into the graphics card, with the help of Hardware Emulation Layer (HEL).
- Improved Audio quality- This tool helps you to enhance the audio quality, of the videos you watch or games you play. Some high graphic games have high-quality sounds for a better gaming experience; this tool helps you to get the best sound quality possible and provides you with excellent gaming experience.
How to download and install DirectX 8.1?
- 1- Just click on the download button and select a location where you want to download the file.
- 2- After the download finishes, open the DirectX 8.1 folder and extract the content from it.
- 3- Now open the DirectX 8.1 folder and double click on the DirectX 8.1 setup file.
- 4- Now an installation window appears, now agree to License Agreement and select a location for installation.
- 5- It will take a few minutes to install DirectX 8.1, Click on Finish button after installation.
- Enhances your video quality
- Better coordination between CPU and GPU
- CPU load is reduced
- This tool is outdated; the latest version is available