- Open Source
- In English
The first version of Auto-Tune came out on September 19, 1997. It is developed by and is a registered trademark of Antares Audio Technology. The software has a device used to alter and measure the pitch of instrumental and vocal music performances and records. The actual purpose of the software was to detect and remove or disguise the off-key inaccuracies that came while recording, to allow the vocal records to be perfectly tuned even though they used to be a little off-pitch. Though after its release, the producers changed the purpose of what it was made for and started using it to distort vocals to make it look like an audio effect. The software is available as a proprietary version, and the product key for the complete version can be bought from the official website.
In 2018, Simon Reynolds (music critic) stated that Auto-Tune revolutionized popular music. Auto-Tune used to comes in two variants – as a plug-in for audio workstations and as a rack-mounted unit for on-stage performances. Now, Auto-Tune is available as software for most users. Some standard instruments have built-in Auto-Tune technology that helps in real-time pitch correction, like the Peavey AT-200 guitar. The latest version of Auto-Tune, Auto-Tune Pro, is the most advanced version of the software made yet and is loaded with tons of features.
- The Auto-Tune Pro comes with several modes, each with a specific task – Auto Mode provides real-time effects and correction; Graph Mode for detailed editing of pitch and time; and Auto-Key, which comes as a plug-in for automatic scale and key detection.
- Auto-Tune Pro also has Classic Mode, for the famous “Auto-Tune 5 sound”; Humanize and Flex-Tue for a more natural and human-like sound; Throat Modeling for extreme or subtle voice transformations; Transpose for live pitch-shifting with the option of Format Correction. The Auto-Tune Pro comes with a Low Latency processing mode, which lets the program to do real-time pitch correction without worrying you about distracting delay.
- The Auto Mode and the Graph Mode are made in such a way that they provide the most flexible, efficient and intuitive work-flow, which is the same for both the professional and beginner users alike.
- The Auto Mode also has two different screen views: the Advanced View and the Basic View. The Advanced View gives you powerful options like scale editing, Vibration control, and MIDI. Whereas the Basic View gives you easy and quick access to the main features of Auto Mode.
- Graph Mode provides you with an in-depth control of every little detail of the performance. The extensive editing tools give you full precision control of each note and curve of the pitch so that the use of pitch-correction is easy. Time-correction features allow you to edit the timing errors or creatively edit the timings of your track so that you don't have to re-record to make the vocal performance perfect.
How to download Auto-Tune Pro on PC (Windows)?
- 1. Click on the download button given on the top-right corner of the page.
- 2. When you click on it, the download of the setup starts.
- 3. After the download is finished, click on the setup to run it.
- 4. Specify the path where you want to install the installation files.
- 5. The setup after installing the software would ask for a product key (you can buy it from the official website) or run the app in the trial version.
- 6. After the setup has fully installed the software, exit it.
- 7. Now you're ready to record your vocal performances.
- Great use as an effects unit
- Tuning features provide sonic refinement
- Classic Mode for retro Auto-Tune sound
- Expensive to use
- Small Graph Mode
- Better compatibility with high specs PC
- Displays without scales
App Name: Auto-Tune Pro
License: Open Source
OS: Windows 7 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 / Windows 10 64
Latest Update: 2020-11-25
Developer: Antares Audio Technologies
User Rating: 4.02
Category: MP3 and Audio